Beehive is an event and agent system, which allows you to create your own agents that perform automated tasks triggered by events and filters. For an easier description, it’s like an open source Zapier or IFTTT.
Here are a few examples of things Beehive can do:
- Re-post tweets on your Tumblr blog
- Forward incoming chat messages to your email account
- Turn on the heating system if the temperature drops below a particular degree
- Run your own IRC bot that lets you trigger builds on a Jenkins CI
- Control your Hue lighting system
- Notify you when a stock’s price drops below a specific value
- Plus many more.
It has a whole lot more integrations or hives as they call them, to give you a vast amount of options and flexibility. Beehive is written in Go, and the GitHub project includes everything you need to get started using this including a prebuilt Docker image.